General Galactic Corporation
1. Personal Information. “Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household.
2. Information Collected and Stored when Creating an Account and/or Using the Services. We receive and store any information you provide when you create an Account (as defined in the Terms of Service) and/or when you use the Services. Examples of information we collect are:
Registration Information. When you create an Account, we will collect personal information, which may include your name, date of birth, address, payment information (e.g., credit card) and contact information (e.g. email, phone number and license number). We collect this information to identify you, provide you access to certain Services, and communicate with you.
User Content. Some of our Services may allow you to create and post or upload content, such as data, text, photographs, graphics, messages, or other materials that you create or provide to us through either a public or private transmission (“User Content”), which may include information about yourself. Any information, including, but not limited to Personal Information, you include in a public transmission (such as a videoconference or via steaming) may be read, collected, and used by anyone.
3. Use of the Information Collected.
In addition to the purposes for which we collect your Personal Information listed in Section 2 above, we may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
To provide you with the Services, create and maintain your Account, enable purchases, process transactions, communicate with you, and provide other features and functionality to you.
To personalize the Services, including to remember your preferences, provide personalized content and information, and track your use of the Services.
To market to you, including to send you marketing messages and other Services-related communications, or to ask you to participate in surveys about your use or experience with the Services.
To improve and further develop the Services, including to perform quality control activities, help us build new products, and improve the existing Services.
To provide customer support, including to answer your questions, resolve disputes, and/or investigate and troubleshoot problems or complaints.
To enforce our rights and for other legal purposes, including to provide you with legally required notices, to enforce our Terms of Service, or to alert you to changes in our policies or agreements that may affect your use of the Services.
Aggregate Information. We may also use information collected from you or the Services in a non-personally identifiable or aggregate form to help us make sales, marketing, and business decisions. This information is not Personal Information because it does not identify you or any particular individual or disclose your or any particular individual’s data.
We may use third-party service providers to perform some of these functions. Those service providers are restricted from sharing your Personal Information for any other purpose.
4. European Requirements Related to Information Processing. If European data protection law applies to the collection, processing and use of your information, our legal basis for processing your Personal Information is as follows:
With Your Consent. Where you have consented to data processing, your consent provides the legal basis to process your Personal Information. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Please note that your withdrawal of consent to collect and process your Personal Information will not affect the lawfulness of processing your Personal Information based on your consent before you withdrew your consent.
When Providing the Services. We will process your Personal Information to provide and support the services you have requested, including but not limited to services provided under our Terms of Service.
When Pursuing Legitimate Interests. We may process your Personal Information for the Company’s legitimate interests and those of third parties provided that we apply appropriate safeguards to protect your privacy. For example, we may process your Personal Information for the purpose of:
Offering and improving the Services;
Developing new products, services and features;
Understanding how people use the Services;
Performing research that improves the Services for our users;
Sending you direct marketing and other communications from the Company;
Detecting, preventing or otherwise addressing fraud, abuse, security or technical issues with the Services;
Maintaining and improving the integrity of our computing systems and protecting our users’ data security; and
Enforcing legal claims, including the investigation of potential violations of applicable Terms of Service.
When Complying with Legal Obligations. We will process and use your data when we have a legal obligation to do so, for example, if we are responding to a legal process.
5. Circumstances Where the Company Shares Your Personal Information.
Under no circumstance will we share your Personal Information for any commercial or marketing purpose unrelated to the Services without your prior permission. We will not rent or sell our customer lists that include your Personal Information without your prior permission. The following are the limited situations where we may share Personal Information:
With Your Consent. We may share Personal Information when we have your consent. For example, if you use or access Developed Content (as defined in the Terms of Service) integrated with third-party products or services (including software and applications), you will be shown information about any proposed exchange of Personal Information from that connection. The Company or the third party will request your consent to these exchanges on your behalf and you can change your mind at any time. When you use third-party products and services integrated with the Services, the terms and privacy policies of such third-party products and services will govern your use of those products and services.
For Legal Reasons. We will share Personal Information with third parties if we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is required by the Company to (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable government request; (ii) enforce the Company’s policies (including the Terms of Service) or contracts, including in connection with the investigation of potential violations; (iii) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; (iv) lawfully protect the rights, property or safety of the Company, our customers and users of the Services or the public.
We may share non-personal information (for example, aggregated or anonymized customer data) publicly and with our partners. We will take steps to ensure that this non-personal information does not identify you, and we require any of our partners who have access to that non-personal information to do the same.
6. Protecting Your Personal Information. We use industry-standard methods and procedures to keep your Personal Information safe and secure when it is transmitted over your home network and through the Internet to the Company’s servers, including any third-party servers utilized by the Company, where your personal information is processed. Depending on your location and type of data, the Company may process your Personal Information on servers that are not located in your home country. Unfortunately, the Internet and any technical system cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure or error-free, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the Internet. The transmission of such information is entirely at your own risk.
7. Processing of Your Personal Information. All information collected by the Services will be processed in and subject to the laws of the United States. If you are not located in the United States, such laws may not provide the same level of protection for your Personal Information as those in your home country. Your Personal Information may also be transferred to and stored on secure servers managed by Google LLC and any other third party contracted by the Company. By using the Services and providing us your Personal Information, you consent to the transfer of your Personal Information to, and processing of your Personal Information in, the United States, and the transfer, storage and processing of your Personal Information on such third-party servers.
8. Accessing, Editing and Deleting Your Personal Information.
You can access, edit, update, or delete your Personal Information from these servers through the controls in your Account. You can also request a copy of your Personal Information by emailing email@example.com.
If you no longer wish to participate in our Services, or no longer wish to have your Personal Information be processed, you may delete your Account and Personal Information through the controls in your Account. Once you submit your request, we will send an email to the email address linked to your Account requesting that you confirm your deletion request. Once you confirm your request to delete your Account and data, your Account will no longer be accessible while we process your request. Once you confirm your request, this process cannot be cancelled, undone, withdrawn, or reversed. When your Account is deleted, all associated Personal Information is deleted, subject to the limitations set forth in Section 8(a)(i).
Additional Rights Applicable to Individuals in the European Economic Area.
If you are located in the European Economic Area, you have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether the Company is processing your Personal Information, request access to your Personal Information and ask that we correct, amend or delete your Personal Information. In addition, you may object to the Company’s processing of your Personal Information at any time, in which case the Company will cease such activity. You should understand that doing so may impact your use of the Services.
If European Economic Area law provides you the right to request access to, receive, object to or restrict processing of, seek rectification of, or request erasure of Personal Information held about you by the Company, you may do so, as applicable, through controls in your Account or by contacting the Company. To protect your privacy, the Company will endeavor to take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to or making any changes to your Personal Information.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with your Supervisory Authority if you are unhappy with how we process your Personal Information. You can find contact information for your Supervisory Authority on the European Commission Data Protection Authorities webpage or through other publicly available sources.
Authentication. To keep you secure while you are logged in and to help ensure that (i) your password works, (ii) that you stay logged in when you move between pages on the website, and (iii) the website looks consistent during your visit.
Analytics. To collect information about how you use our website, such as which pages you visit and if you experience any errors. These cookies collect only aggregate information and we use them to improve how our website works, and measure how effective our content is.
Advertising. To collect information about your browsing habits and to deliver advertisements that are more relevant to you and your interests. We work with third party partners to help us advertise around the Internet, as well as to allow advertisements to be placed on our website. To opt out of some targeting cookies, see the Section titled “Internet-based Advertising” below.
Marketing. To measure how you interact with our marketing communications to determine, among other things, how effective a marketing campaign is.
Similar Technologies. We may use other similar data collection technologies (like web beacons, flash cookies, or pixels) to track how you use our Services and to help us manage content on our Services by informing us what content is effective.
Managing Cookies. You can manage and block cookies by adjusting the settings in your web browser. Each browser works differently, so please refer to your browser’s help menu. Unless you have adjusted your browser settings, our system will issue cookies as soon as you visit our Sites. Please note that if you set your browser to block cookies, either immediately or at a later time, you may not be able to access secure areas of the Services and other parts of the Services may also not work properly or may be limited.
11. Minors. The Company does not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 16 years of age. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 16. If we learn that personal information from users less than 16 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the Account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. California Requirements. If you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your information. To learn more about your rights under the CCPA, visit our CCPA Privacy Notice at https://galactic.io/privacy-ccpa/.
14. Contact the Company.
1 (855) 516-0706 email@example.com